Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday I went with a friend looking for this cave.  I bought me a headlamp and we headed down.  It was hot and stuffy but really interesting.  I got to a small hole that was just big enough to shimmy through without my pack.  It emptied into a huge cavern.  My friend was to rotund to get through.  I came out absolutely filthy from head to toe and soaking wet from sweat.  When ever I hike here in Guam I carry a small hand towel to keep the sweat out of my eyes.  I didn't know I could sweat that much.  I have a book on Guam's caves that I am going to work my way through.  Evidently there are hundreds here on the island.  The question still remains; when am I going to start acting like my age?  Never I hope!

1 comment:

DeLong Family Members: said...

Don't worry about acting your age. I'm doing it for you. Head cold has me down BIG TIME! - Lisa