Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fun evening!

We had a craft night at Emily's the other night. Melissa took some pictures of our crafts, so maybe I can get her to post them. Mine are shown on my blog. But I thought since I was the one railing on everyone to post on our family blog that rarely gets posted on, I should be doing that. We haven't gotten together and done a craft night before that I can remember, and it was so much fun to just sit around the table, visit, eat fattening food, and make things. I really enjoyed myself and so enjoyed the time with my sisters, and I don't even like crafts actually. Anyway, it was fun and I wanted to let everyone know how much I enjoyed it and hope that we can do things like that more often.

Just as a reminder, Gingerbread house making day needs to be set and you need to start thinking about it. I was hoping, that like last year, we could do it Thanksgiving weekend, like Saturday of that weekend. Let me know if that will work. We are still planning on doing it at Mom's house (although I haven't asked her about that). It's one of my favorite times of year. Remember, it's for mom's and daughters that are 8 or older (I have found that 10 works the best for attention span), so please leave your little ones at home if at all possible.

4 comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

What do you mean you don't like crafts!? Gingerbread houses are a craft...

Lily and I are going to make our debut this year into the gingerbread house making; maybe I get super ornate and come up with an awesome design. We will see.

Thanks for coming the other night; it was sooooo fun!

emily, etc, etc said...

One more thing; if you do the gingerbread houses party on the Saturday after Thanksgiving then we can't come; we will be in CA. That would be kind of a bummer...but if it works best for everyone else to do it then, then I guess we will have to miss it. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it would work better to do this the following saturday, the week after thanksgiving break since Emily and Melissa will be out of town. What are your thoughts on that?

Anonymous said...

So it looks like the 3rd works better for everyone. Let's put that on the calendar and start collecting things. I have all of the stuff (or mom does, not sure) that didn't get used last year. I will email a list of what each of you should bring! I'm so excited.