Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't Eat Pinenuts from China!

The minute I swallowed my first bite of Cheerios this morning, I knew something was up. All day long I have had a very bitter, metalic-type taste in my mouth, especially when I eat. After hating my delicious left-overs, I looked it up on WebMD. Pine Mouth came up. So I clicked on that. It has an article about people who have an allergic reaction or the like after eating pine nuts a day or so before. I was shocked; I had the same symptoms and I made pesto the day before yesterday, of-course snacking on the pinenuts too. (I froze the pesto for later use, which I don't know what to do with now.) Anyway, it looks like pinenuts from China are the culprit. I do love pinenuts, so I really hope that I can still eat them without this horrible consequence. They say the yucky taste will last about 2 weeks. Oh my. Don't eat Chinese Pinenuts!


Jenkins family said...

Was it that they are from China...or that you are allergic? You know we tend to have a nut issue in our family.

Ryan and Renee said...

Who wrote this? Mom is this you? If so, I will gladly take the pesto off your hands.